Current limitations (that will be given priority in future developments).
- No possibility of implementing adaptive procedures. See : https://www.psychopy.org/coder/tutorial2.html
- No tools provided for systematic control of frames (for instance to detect dropped frames). See: https://www.psychopy.org/general/timing/detectingFrameDrops.html
- Limited number of coordinates systems (e.g. Fick, Listing, etc… useful for instance when testing oculo-motor control models)
Limitations due to the use a VR headset (that will improve with rapid technological progress)
- low spatial resolution (compared to traditional CRT/LCD screens)
- low temporal resolution (compared to traditional CRT screens)
Limitations that will be reduced with help from beta testers
- PTVR has been tested only with:
- the HTC Vive Pro Eye headset
- est ce que Johanna pourra tester avec Oculus?
Limitations that might be tackled in the future
- The subject or patient has to be seated or has to be standing (without displacement from the initial standing location) without during an Experiment.
- For our experiments with low vision patients, this is not a limitation but an imposed security constraint !